WHAT IS A WANDERLIST®?
Travel is an investment in time, money and memories. If done right it can be a very enriching experience. If done wrong, it can quickly become a wasted opportunity. To help safeguard against potential problems, we’ve created America’s first travel portfolio planning service – Wanderlist®.
A travel portfolio uses the same principles as your financial plan. When working with a financial advisor you establish goals and build a diversified plan to achieve them.
Travel can work the same way. Most of us know the places we want to visit. Instead of inefficiently planning our trips one at a time, why not use this knowledge to achieve a greater return on your investment?
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF A WANDERLIST®?
- Enjoy peace of mind with a master travel plan
- Always have your next trip to anticipate and enjoy
- Achieve more efficient use of your time by eliminating hours personal research
- Save thousands of dollars by eliminating backtracking to destinations that can be easily combined into one trip
- Secure your spot during peak periods by planning ahead
- Maximize your travel dollar by locking in favorable rates, negotiating prices for repeat bookings and adjusting trip timing
- Strategically earn and redeem frequent flyer miles and credit card points
WHAT STEPS ARE INVOLVED IN THE WANDERLIST® PLANNING PROCESS?
We have five simple steps in creating your travel portfolio plan.
- Audit – the process starts with a short 10 minute survey. Once completed, we host a planning session to gain a better understanding of your hopes and expectations.
- Design – we get started on your plan by cross referencing your destinations against a dozen or more filters such as price fluctuations, geographic combinations, political environments, etc.
- Review – we present our preliminary plan and listen to your input.
- Revise – using your thoughts and comments as guidance we finalize your Wanderlist®.
- Wanderlist® – we present final documents, which strategically organize your travel dreams.
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO COMPLETE A WANDERLIST PLAN?
The entire planning process takes 3-4 weeks to complete, depending on the number of destinations under consideration. Clients start with an easy 15 minute online survey completed by each participant. We then schedule a 1-2 hour consultation to review the results and start designing your very own Wanderlist portfolio plan.
HOW MUCH DOES THE WANDERLIST PLAN COST?
PIQUE Travel Design is offering our Wanderlist® planning service for an introductory $750 consultation fee. This is a tremendous value since clients save on average over $10,000 by efficiently managing their travel dreams. In exchange for our strategic insight, we respectfully request that your future leisure trips (7 days or more) are handled by PIQUE Travel Design.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Contact us to start your own Wanderlist® plan or learn more about this service:
America’s First Travel Trust® Planning Service
CREATING A MEANINGFUL FAMILY TRUST
Creating a family trust can be a stressful process. On one hand, you want to provide financial safety and security for your family. But on the other, you want to ensure your gift fosters growth and development for your children and grandchildren. If only you could give them the world.
Now you can through America’s first-ever Travel Trust® family planning service. This innovative family trust program allows parents and grandparents to place tax-exempt gifts into a family trust. The Trust funds can be used for enriching travel experiences today and in the future.
GIVE THEM THE WORLD
For many, travel is an important, personally enriching part of life. It expands our minds and shapes our identities. One of the most fulfilling aspects of travel is being able to share it with others. These special moments are often preserved for future generations through photography, stories, journal entries and video. But imagine the joy of traveling with children and grandchildren and literally sharing the wonders of ancient civilizations, amazing wildlife, and foreign cultures.
GIFT TAX EXEMPTION
PIQUE Travel Design is giving new meaning to estate planning and gift tax exemptions. According to Section 2503b of the Internal Revenue Code, each year married couples have a gift tax exclusion up to $26,000 ($13,000 per individual). Instead of simply giving away assets to children and grandchildren, more and more Americans are choosing to design their family trust with the goal of enriching the lives of their family. These gifts are often designated for education, and more recently, travel.
Many people are interested in giving gifts for both education and travel, but don’t realize they can maximize their tax-savings for both goals. By writing a tuition check directly to a qualified educational organization (tax-free) you can fully maximize your savings and free up your annual gift tax exemption for rich travel experiences.
AMERICA’S TOP ADVISORS
PIQUE Travel Design has assembled a highly regarded team of independent legal and wealth management advisors. Each partner understands the unique complexities of creating a family trust for travel and will provide peace of mind by helping counsel clients through the creation and management of the trust.
WORK WITH YOUR OWN FINANCIAL ADVISOR
We understand the importance of existing relationships. If you prefer to work with your own advisors we are happy to integrate them into the process.
Learn more about setting up your own Travel Trust® family plan: